About Me

My photo
adeteju is the 2nd of 3 Children. She is passionate about God ... Adeteju loves to read and also writes, she is of the view that a reader is a leader. She is a wife and a mother.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My middle name is JOY...

What do I say for the long silence and absence???

It’s been quite a while and I have missed blogsville greatly. Yeah I have been gone for some weeks and I have missed blogsville but am ready to catch up on all the blog posts I have missed. (myne thanks for checking up on me, I appreciate it real good.)

So what has been happening to this royal daughter? Even though it has been silent days for me on blogsville, it has not really been silent in terms of what has been happening to me on planet earth...it’s been seasons of tears and laughter for me these past few weeks.

Yeah, I have been through the fire but to the glory of God I came out gold and I am happy I can blog about it now.

Towards the end of the month of March, I was under the weather and I had to be on medication. On one of the particular work days, while recuperating and returning from work, I headed to church for choir rehearsals. We rehearsed a song titled “I never lost my faith, hope, joy and praise”

Little did I know that the song was a real rehearsal for what awaited me on my way home, I was faced with the usual Lagos traffic and before I could say jack, I was robbed of my handbag with all the valuables in it and a reasonable amount of money, my mobile phone was not spared too. Apparently, i had forgotten to wind up the front passenger seat totally due to the heat and while one of the robbers approached me from the driver's side of my car, i guess his other folks had dipped their hands into the car and my stuffs were gone...how foolish of me!!!

When it dawned on me what had happened, I screamed Jesus, gradually the tears started rolling and then I was asking God “why me?” It was disheartening enough for me because I was returning from church and I felt that my angels were not on guard. I drove straight home into the compound and headed for our apartment bare footed, I laid down on the centre rug crying and questioning God. Thanks to hubby for his soothing and calming words.

The answer I got for my questions to God was “who else if not me?” And then I remembered Mary Mary’s song—“he never said there won’t be troubles…he never said everything will go the way I want it to go…”
Through it all, I have learnt to lean more on the everlasting arms and also to praise God when it seems the hardest. The Holy Spirit reminded me about the story of Job who was in worst situation but he refused to curse GOD. Thanks to one of my sista divines, who also encouraged me by letting me know that we do not live in a trouble free world even though we profess our faith everyday. The great book has also said that each day has enough trouble of its own, all we need do is ask for grace to be able to stand on the days of trouble.

The following weeks were trying periods for me but I bless the name of God. I proceeded on my annual leave, I celebrated my princess’ first birthday and my own third wedding annivesary.

I thank God for the incident today becos I know it could have been worse than that. Im happy it occurred becos I now appreciate some songs more..i dare to scream this day that I am still standing, I dare to scream that despite the blue days, God will definitely reman faithful.

Through it all, my joy,faith, hope and most of all my praise are all still intact.This is because praise will definitely confuse the enemy.

Folks, morale of my story is that we should learn to appreciate God for who he is in our lives..every happening is for a purpose.

Now I know why my parents christened me joy..let me end with this short song that i have come to love....."I still have JOY x2
After all I've been through
I still have JOY..."

With love and prayers,
OMO OBA (THE ROYAL DAUGHTER)


LOUD VERSES:
ROMANS 3 V. 35- "WHO SHALL SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF CHRIST? SHALL TROUBLE, HARDSHIP,PERSECUTION,FAMINE OR NAKEDNESS OR DANGERS OR SWORD?"

ROMANS 3 V. 37- "NO, IN ALL THESE THINGS WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM WHO LOVED US."

8 comments:

P.E.T. Projects said...

Glad to have you back!

Thank God it was just your bag, it could have been worse. In all situations... give thanks!

Salt said...

You know, tears welled in my eyes when I read this when I got to where you said you hit the rug in your sitting room and asked God 'why?'. I can relate. But like P. E. T. Projects said, it could have been worse and I thank God you are able to 'see' how this is for a purpose. We take being able to do this for granted sometimes. It is not easy to accept at all.....this trust in God's love that we have oh! Pele ganni. It is very well with you. I am glad to your loud old self back again!

Omo Oba, let all that would have caused you deeper pain go with those lost items! As long as you are alive.......in God......all is well.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad you overcame it...as long as there is life, there is HOPE..take care xoxo

abi's muse said...

Thank God for his mercies....u're still here & going strong. He'll never leave nor forsake us.

Sisi Yemmie said...

awwwww.glad you're back. Dont worry about your stolen items, you will get them restored times 7!

HairGospel said...

Sorry for your losses, but you will get it all back-God can not go back on his word. Keep bloggin we need you to keep sharing your great thoughts dear

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

Welcome back sistah
I am glad you have come out victorious
Joy and victory will continue to be yours
Amen

omoba-adeteju! said...

thanks everyone!!!