About Me

My photo
adeteju is the 2nd of 3 Children. She is passionate about God ... Adeteju loves to read and also writes, she is of the view that a reader is a leader. She is a wife and a mother.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ENI TI O BA MO INU 'RO...(He that can think...)

If there is anything that I have chosen to do very well this year, it is being THANKFUL.GRATEFUL.APRECIATIVE.e.t.c. to my Personal Friend and Saviour. Sitting in front of my system and thinking of what to SCREAM about reminds me of an "old note" that I shared on fb on Monday, July 20, 2009 at 2:58pm. At the moment, there is no iota of doubt that the note is worth sharing again. HAPPY READING PEEPS.........

CAN YOU PAUSE TO THINK???by Adeteju Atanda-Ajimotokan on Monday, July 20, 2009 at 2:58pm

Please pause to think and see whether or not you have any cause to THANK HIM...
I just heard of the deaths of two young ladies and indeed something stuck in my heart that i should drop some few lines here.....................
Although ,i did not know these two ladies while they were alive but they were connected to me one way or the other. One of the ladies was my sister's schoolmate and the other was my cousin's friend.

One of these ladies died after writing her final exams in the university.what happened???she was sick ,taken to the hospital and diagnosed of typhoid but she didnt survive it,she died of typhoid.I paused to think of the countless times that i have had typhoid fever.Especially way back in Command Ibadan, my secondary School... but here i am alive hale and hearty.Recently, i was diagnosed of typhoid, treated and i am very much okay now forgetting that i ever had this fever.....PAUSE TO THINK...HAVE YOU EVER HAD TYPHOID FEVER BEFORE???

The second lady was my cousin's friend, she got married in the month of May, my cousin was her chief bride's maid.Very sad that this lady didnt survive three months in her marriage! Can you imagine??? She died before she was three months old in her marriage.She fell ill, was rushed from church to the hospital but eventually died. And then i paused to think again, here i am....got married last year (May), already a year old in my marriage, alive hale and hearty but still not thankful enough just because ............(i will share the details later) I paused to think and then i remembered that in the month of february this year (2008), for the first time in my life, i saw what a hospital theatre looked like,had a surgery,surgery was successful to the Glory of God and i am okay to the shame of the devil but the question is have i ever paused to think???....PLEASE PAUSE TO THINK...HAVE YOU EVER GONE THROUGH A SURGERY BEFORE AND YOU ARE ALIVE TODAY OR MAYBE IT WAS ONE OF YOUR LOVED ONES THAT HAD THE SURGICAL OPERATION??? DO YOU HAVE CAUSE TO THANK HIM OR NOT???

My heart goes out to these ladies but particularly to their MAKER who can only answer the question "WHY".......I dare to say that even at their deaths, God is still to be praised. That Famous Book says.........."in ALL THINGS, give thanks". Dear Lord, I PRAISE you this moment! I repent of my ingratitude and unthankfulness, i know so well that as for me, it could have been worse than this (i don't know about you) BUT for HIS MERCY, LOVE AND GRACE. That is the essence of my repentance and appreciation.....If you agree with me, then choose to pause to think so you can have cause to thank HIM!!!

The Yorubas normally say something..."eni ti o ba mo inu ro , amo ope du"....meaning that if you know how to think then you will know how to thank and that is the essence of this note. "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU PAUSED TO THINK??? IF YOU PAUSE TO THINK, THEN YOU WILL HAVE CAUSE(S) TO THANK!!!

May I close with one of my best portions from the Famous Book "though the fig tree do not blossom and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crops fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in in the pen and no cattle in the stalls ,YET I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD, I WILL BE JOYFUL IN GOD MY SAVIOUR!!! (Habakkuk 3 v.17& 18)

So, dear folks, whatever the "thoughs" in your life i charge you to REJOICE and be THANKFUL like i have chosen to do and see what will happen......

CHEERS!!!

5 comments:

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

Re: the lady that died 3 months into her marriage...THAT'S SHOCKING!!!!

Indeed, we must give thanks - whatever the circumstances we find ourselves.

Thanks for this message and thankd for dropping by my blog

omoba-adeteju! said...

naijamum...such is life o!!! and really we have to learn to give thanks....
thanks for your comments....i love your blog :)

Jennifer A. said...

Short of words, but I know how to think, so here I am saying, "Father, Only You alone is to be PRAISED. Only You alone knows the beginning from the end. Thank You for letting us fulfill the purpose of another day."

P.E.T. Projects said...

Its sad when young lives are lost... we should be thankful for every new day we are opportuned to see.

Thanks for dropping by my e-crib.

Anonymous said...

I THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR MERCY, GRACE, & PROTECTION.

I THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS PROVIDING FOR US & NEVER FORSAKEN US, THOUGH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS A FILTHY RAG BEFORE THEE.

I THANK YOU LORD FOR LOVING US, NOT THAT WE DESERVE IT....through Jesus name i thank thee amen.

May the departed souls of the 2 women continue to rest in peace amen.